December 22, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

I have a decision to make. As some of you may know, I will be entering my final semester of grad school in January (WOOT!). That means it’s time for the capstone project. There are a few options to choose from: 1) 40-60 page creative writing project (such as a collection of poems, short stories, or a novella); 2) a visual media project with a minimum 20 page introduction to the project; 3) 40-60 page research project in any area represented in my studies; or 4) a portfolio project where the parameters are determined in conjunction with faculty.

I can already cross out options 1 and 2 because I’ve never written anything like that or created a video of any sort (except I have written poetry, but I haven’t taken any courses that involve poetry so it would be hard to argue why I should go that route). That leaves options 3 and 4. Option 3 scares me because it’s 40-60 pages of research on a topic that I have to decide on quickly. Option 4 also scares me because of the whole conjunction with faculty. It’s not that I think the faculty would be difficult to work with, I just don’t know what those “parameters” consist of.

I also have to have a short paper written the first week of class that describes the project I will be doing and why. So, you see why I’m getting nervous. There are a few options in my head that I’m mulling over, but I have to narrow it down very soon and begin. One would think that since I’ve been in grad school for 2 years that I would’ve already had something in mind that I wanted to do in the end. Nope. Not this girl! I’m a procrastinator to the end. This time, I’m not sure that it will pay off.


Hopefully I will get it together soon and I will post my progress here as it goes along. Keep your fingers crossed that I can decide soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment