December 5, 2013

"Before I die, I want to..."

I read an article recently about people all over the world who are creating blackboards on abandoned buildings or on freestanding displays with the phrase “Before I die, I want to…” and inviting passers-by to complete the sentence. Candy Chang was the originator of the idea in New Orleans in 2011, and it’s spread like wildfire. She’s created a kit and there are books available with pictures from different places who have participated. 

It’s amazing to me what some people have written on these displays. It almost seems therepeutic to some, while others are a tad out there. Either way, these displays seem to draw people in, allowing them to describe in a few words their goals before their demise. 


Let’s start a mini billboard here in the comments. What is it that you want to accomplish before you die?


4 comments:

  1. See the Grand Canyon - though I'm afraid of heights! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one! I've never been there, but it would be really great to see. I think the beauty would overtake your fear :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I would love to live by the beach! There's something about the ocean air that just makes everything better.

      Delete