March 30, 2014

Two Weeks til the Deadline

We’re getting down to the nitty-gritty here, folks. As I’m writing this, I can’t help but think I should be revising my capstone and/or writing my last research paper for the other class; the latter I haven’t even started. Hey, everyone needs a break, right?



A question that gets thrown at me quite often is what I will do after I graduate. Well, I’m not 100% sure. There are choices, of course. I could stay right where I am and pursue my own art…I just have to actually do it. School slows the creative spirit a tad, but it’s also brought out a creative side of me I didn’t know I had (or one that I didn’t think I’d be interested in), which is fine art photography. It’s an interesting medium. A photograph is like a Rorschach test in a sense because one sees different meanings in it. Maybe that’s true for fine art as a whole, too. It’s hard to see past van Gogh’s starry nights, but, once you do, you see a whole new world through his eyes.

I’ve considered trying to get an online adjunct teaching job in art history. I gotta tell ya, it scares me because it’s out of my comfort zone. I also don’t have any teaching experience, which could hinder things. But…I could try and that’s the point, right? The way I see it, I’m trying to educate others about the art world through this blog and my Facebook page, so why not actually teach a class or two? Professor Weber has a nice ring to it, yes?  



Working in an art museum has been a goal of mine for a while now. I’ve found over the past several years it’s difficult to get your foot in the door, at least for me it has been. I will keep trying that avenue, too, because you just never know when they’ll finally say yes.

First things first, though: getting the degree in my hands….

mw


No comments:

Post a Comment