November 5, 2013

Day 5: Books

I am thankful for books – art doesn’t always have to be about paintings and pictures. I love getting lost in a book, cuddled up in my big chair with my blanket and either my cat or dog (and sometimes both!). There’s just something about getting away from your own reality and experiencing another one that’s completely different than your own. Whether I’m reading a biography or a work of fiction, it’s great to get lost in another world. I usually get that sad feeling when I’m done with the book, too, especially if it’s a series that I’ve devoted quite a lot of time to. I feel like the characters are family and I miss them so much when they’re gone. But you know the great thing about books? The really good ones you can read over and over and welcome back those favorite characters into your life. That’s the good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment