November 8, 2013

Day 8: Support of the Arts


I am thankful for all of the supporters of art who are out there. I’m especially thankful for mine. Although I don’t have a huge following at the moment, my family and friends have always been very supportive and encouraging.


I think of all of the donations that are made to support different art causes and it makes me smile. It’s unfortunate, though, that the first areas in schools to go due to budget cuts are the arts. It’s a real shame that kids aren’t able to have the opportunity in school to play a musical instrument or create a sculpture. Haven’t there been studies that show kids do better in school when they have the arts? Why take them away then? For those that still have them, I hope they keep fighting. And for those who are supporting it, keep it up! We need arts in schools!


No comments:

Post a Comment